Upcoming solo exhibition
|Groveland Gallery in Minneapolis will host the next Paquette solo exhibition, titled “From the North“.
It opens Saturday, October 23, and closes November 27.
New YouTube video: A Painting’s Progress
|A Painting’s Progress, a short video on YouTube, shows some of the concerns and progress in developing a recent large oil painting.
New painting shown at the Butler Institute of American Art
|Ironwood Trail, 46 x 74 inches, oil on linen, — the latest major painting to be released from the studio — is on display at The Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio, July 18-September 5.|
New video posted by Art-in-Embassies
|The U.S. State Department’s Art in Embassies program has produced a new video about Thomas and his forty paintings selected for diplomatic installations on five continents.
New Paquette paintings added to four museum collections in 2021
|These museums acquired new Paquette paintings for their permanent collections this year:
• The Brinton Museum (Wyoming)
• Wildling Museum of Art (California)
• St Bonaventure University Permanent Art Collection (New York)
• Susquehanna National Heritage Area (Pennsylvania)
Paquette painting in Soderbergh film
|Phantom Canyon III, one of the Paquette paintings in the collection of Cunard Line’s elegant transatlantic steamship Queen Mary 2, shares the screen several times with Meryl Streep in Steven Soderbergh’s recent film “Let Them All Talk“. Clip: YouTube. The painting was shown for several minutes during seven scenes. A larger Paquette painting in the ship’s collection, Broken-Limbed Tree, is in the adjoining Windsor Suite.
News article: From Canvas to Silver Screen, Local Artist’s Work Displayed in Streep, Soderbergh Film.
Recent exhibitions (for a more complete list of exhibitions, please see CV)
Group: Selected Works. Gross McCleaf Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
Group: Here and There. EVOKE Contemporary, Santa Fe, NM
April- May 2020
SOLO: Near Horizons. Groveland Gallery, Minneapolis, MN / Video here.
SOLO: Thomas Paquette: From the Surface. James K. Schmidt Gallery, Principia College, Elsah, IL
SOLO: Thomas Paquette: Defined by Water. Gross McCleaf Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
Apr 2018 – Jul 2019
SOLO traveling museum exhibition:
America’s River Re-Explored – Paintings of Mississippi from Source to Gulf
• Minnesota Marine Art Museum – 2018
• Watermark Art Center – 2018
• Dubuque Museum of Art – 2019
Videos for this exhibition:
• Introduction to America’s River Re-Explored narrated by Thomas Paquette
• Gallery “Walk and Talk” at Minnesota Marine Art Museum
Recent museum, state, and corporate acquisitions
| • In spring 2021, four museums acquired new paintings for their collections: The Brinton Museum (Wyoming), Wildling Museum of Art (California), St Bonaventure University Permanent Art Collection (New York), and Susquehanna National Heritage Area (Pennsylvania).
• In fall, 2020, Minnesota Marine Art Museum acquired the major painting, Alma’s Buena Vista, for their permanent collection.
• Also in 2020, Erie Insurance purchased the large oil painting, Cleft [60 x 46 inches, oil on linen] for their collection.
• Dubuque Museum of Art and Principia College added small oil paintings to their permanent collections in 2019 and 2020.
• Fox Creek Crossing [64 x 63 inches, oil/canvas] was acquired in 2019 for the Erie Art Museum‘s permanent collection from a private collector in Miami, FL, who owned the painting since 1990, when it was first shown, at the Bass Museum of Art.
• In 2018, the U.S. Department of State acquired the large painting, Headlands [50 x 40 inches, oil/linen] for permanent installation at the breathtaking new NATO Headquarters in Brussels. This and selected other Paquette paintings from twenty Art in Embassies exhibitions can be seen here. Headlands was created for the solo museum exhibition, On Nature’s Terms.
|• The United States Department of State’s Art-in-Embassies program has produced a new video about Thomas and his forty paintings selected for exhibitions at embassies on five continents. Link: YouTube
• A short video created by Stratos Media Solutions for InScale Architects about the design of my painting studio.
• A short video discussing the small Paquette paintings that are part of the 2020 Brinton Museum exhibition.
• A short video introducing the paintings in the 2020 Near Horizons exhibition at Groveland Gallery in Minneapolis.
• Video: Introduction to America’s River Re-Explored
• Video: Gallery “Walk and Talk” at the opening of “America’s River Re-Explored” at Minnesota Marine Art Museum.
Recent interviews, articles and reviews [more complete bibliography here]
|• Thomas Paquette, WPSU public television, July 2019
• Life on the Mississippi by Rochelle Belsito, American Art Collector, April 2019
• A conversation with painter Thomas Paquette by Katie Carter, KBXE-FM and Minnesota NPR affiliate stations, September 2018
• Artist carries his work and its message to a wide audience by NPR Morning Edition host Jay Moran, WBFO-FM, Buffalo, NY, September 2018
• The Mississippi and More. Thomas Paquette of Warren has his own style by Brian R. Sheridan, Lake Erie Lifestyle Magazine, July 2018
• Atmospheric Lands by John D. O’Hern, American Art Collector, September 2018
• America’s River Re-Explored by Charley Parker, Lines and Colors, July 2018
• What Might Happen? Thomas Paquette’s Mississippi River Odyssey by John Hulsey, The Artist’s Road, June 2018
• Thomas Paquette’s Visions of the Mississippi River by Dean Klinkenberg, Mississippi Valley Traveler, April 2018
<More Bibliography here>